segunda-feira, 16 de julho de 2012

Interviewing a singer

Hello friends. This is Alisson Viana with a new “Dicas de Inglês”. I am very pleased to see how well we are doing to improve our English. It has been a while now that I am writing and sharing my English with you. I know that there are a lot to improve yet, but I believe that we can learn together, right? If you have any suggestion or correction about my writing, speaking or whatever let me now, because just like you I am also learning English. And actually this is the prime reason why I made this blog.

So, let’s stop beating around the bush and let’s get started. Today I brought here a video of a famous artist in the world of singing. I bet you have already heard about her. Many people criticize her for behaving eccentrically just to get attention. For many she is also known for having a bad taste for clothes. Do you know who I am talking about? Yes, I am talking about Lady Gaga.

Here and there you will come across some words that I couldn’t understand, because I wrote the interview down, so if you can understand the missing words leave them on the comment.


Se você achou que o áudio do vídeo está muito baixo, então tente apenas escutar a entrevista.




(Lady Gaga)

Well, actually the video is autobiographical. So it is a completely true story that’s been filtered through the lengths of my artistry. Something I believe we all bury inside of us is the ability to look back on memories or look back on things maybe we don’t highly remember. And fill all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again.

I knew that I wanted the beginning to be very linear and I knew that I wanted to be very structured and I wanted the angles to very strong. And I knew that once the chaos of the second hit, the one to punch of the (??) that once the second punch came in I feel in the holes to make it beautiful again. I remember in a much more glamour way so I knew that I wanted to next part of the video to start to fall apart. And I wanted that to be told as well through the story of the belay dancing and how could we take sort of this picture perfect (??) to take all moment and twisted into an absolute horror.

You always, in your mind I think as a young person have this sort of icon or ideal in your mind of who you could become. Maybe all the things that you aren’t and you image your greats moments that you are actually that person that maybe you’re not. You remove all of your (flows) and one of my sort of fears and obstacles as an entertainer was that I was never a ballerina.

So it was about in this video creating that perfect modern image of something that I am not really and destroying her as I felt destroyed. But the thing that’s so different about how I am now and how I was then is that any times that things broke apart a blamed on myself. And I continue to do that now, but when you are young your naivety is something that works in your favor. Or as when you get older and wiser being delusional tends to not be so great for you, but as an artist I think delusion is the greatest gift that you can dare. How much can you get away with, how delusional can I really be. So the opening of the video starts up very linear and then becomes more and more surreal and delusional until the music begins.


Vocabulary

To stop beating around the bush –Parar de enrolar (e ir direto ao ponto).

A bad taste – Mau gusto

To come across – Se deparar/Encontrar

Missing words – Palavras que estão faltando

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário