sexta-feira, 29 de junho de 2012

The Walking Dead





Para baixar o PDF click here.
The first time I heard about this TV show was a long time ago when my father bought a DVD thinking that it was a movie. Instead it was the first episode of Season 1. When that episode “ended” I was kinda caught off guard because I was waiting for a real ending. However this is how the first episode ends.

Rick hears a helicopter pass overhead. He tries to follow it, but rides straight into a horde of walkers. The undead swarm Rick’s horse, toppling him. Rick scrambles underneath an abandoned tank, but walkers grab at him from both ends. Rick shoots several of them, then places the gun to his temple. “Lori, Carl, I’m sorry,” he says. Looking up, he sees an open hatch underneath the tank. He crawls inside.
Inside, a dead soldier turns to bite Rick. He shoots. Walkers surround the tank as Rick seals himself inside, with no idea what he’ll do next. The tank’s radio crackles. “Hey you, dumbass,” a voice says. “You in the tank. Cozy in there?”


And for my surprise all of a sudden the “movie” ended. I was like: “Excuse me? How does a movie end without sense?”Since I love zombie-movies, I had to see what this was all about. At first I have to confess that I was a little skeptic, but the trailer convinced me otherwise.





I just watched the first episode and it matched all my expectations. In the walking dead everything looks very realistic and honestly quite disgusting, in a good way. Because all the time there are some people without a leg, an arm and so on.

The next season is supposed to start in October. I can’t wait to watch it again. Fortunately there is a second option for those who can’t wait all this time. If you want you can download the whole story in a comic version.
Now the question is: How can I download the comic book? To download the story you just have to click on the image above, then you will be directed to the site. Once you are there choose the one you want to read. As you are learning English my advice to you is to read it in English, okay? In addition to learn English I assure you’ll have a lot of fun with the story.
Once you have downloaded the comic you won’t be able to read it, as long as you already have installed in your computer the CDisplay program. If you don’t just click here.


Caught off guard: Expressão que significa ser pego de surpresa.
When something happens when somone is not expecting it... ... Also a kickass punk band www.caughtoffguard.co.uk "I just got punched in the face... I was Caught off Guard!"
Horde of walkers: Um grande grupo, multidão, número.
Hatch: Parte inferior de uma porta
Crawl: Rastejar
Seal: No exemplo: se enclausurar, ficar em lugar fechado.
Crackle: Aquele som meio chiado que o rádio faz
Cozy: Aconchegante
Skeptic: Incrédulo, suspeito
Otherwise: O contrário

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário