segunda-feira, 11 de junho de 2012

SEMADEC: A last goodbye


It is impossible not to think about the idea that everything that we do or participate in this school is going to be the last time. Last SEMADEC, last closing party, and soon last EXPOTEC.

It feels like everything is moving at an unfair speed, such speed that I can’t keep up with. I would love to be able to live this ‘game’ in every moment, every second with a little more time added with the right for replay. Maybe I have never got so involved and felt so many emotions that are in my heart.

The sensation is as if I was hugging someone that I love for the last time. A hung that summarizes an entire life – because I would be sure that I would never see this one again. It is a pain that hits the bottom of the chest and scares us. It is the pain of the uncertainty if there will be a second chance. It is the pain of a goodbye that you have to say to someone who you can’t live without. It is the pain of the regret for not having lived in the way you wanted to. It is the pain of not having given the last kiss.

But why so much pain? In fact, it is not just about the event, but because of the people that are involved in. They are simple and regular people, but who were in my life in a way that no one else could ever be. They managed to gradually win me in terms of trust and love.

Sometimes trust and sense of caring requires a lot of time to acquire, however there are people that in a short time manage to win us, for their determination, power of will and above all friendly charism.

Veteran or freshman? For many being veteran is considered to be a great advantage, but somehow this time I would like to invert the roles and start over. I keep wondering how lucky this new guys are because just like me, they will also have a lot of opportunities that passed by me. They will be able to enjoy everything that was part of my life. They will be the new protagonists of this film called Real Life that happens right here and right now.

But why necessarily SEMADEC? Ah! Because it involves us, approaches us to the new ones and to the old ones. It is in this involvement that we can make new bonds of friendship; we can set free the real kids that are inside of each of us. It is when we are not afraid to jump and surrender of pure heart. It is when you feel your heart beats stronger. It is when nervousness, anxiety, butterflies in the stomach and joy become only one. It is when you give full effort in order to win a competition. It is when the fans scream out without much effort.

I’m going to miss all the times we spent together. But at no time I will regret what I did or said, because I know that nothing was in vain. I’ll miss those faces that were photographed in my mind. I will miss the smiles that followed me when I was sad. I’ll miss the ironic jokes and the stresses that are part of any love story.

But I hope that all that I said applies as a lesson to those who are just starting to live the same story. You do not fear when someone proposes something crazy. Enjoy! Do not be afraid to experiment! Do not expect somebody to do what you want to, do it yourself. Take chances! If you fall, do not worry there will always be somebody to raise a hand to help you. Sometimes you have to take risks to say, ‘I lived’!

Life is like that. It was made to live in whatever way you find most suitable. But never, under anycircumstances, forget being by the side of the loved ones, because nothing makes sense if you do not have who to share the best moments with. Call your friends, make a party and celebrate. Enjoy every moment as if it were your last. If someone says that you should not make noise, do not listen. Scream, have fun and celebrate, because as sure as there will be a new tomorrow is that you will be happier if you follow your heart and not what others say.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário